Mutton Chilli is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that combines tender mutton pieces with a tangy and spicy sauce. This delectable fusion recipe brings together the rich flavours of succulent mutton, vibrant bell peppers, and aromatic spices. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a spicy meat dish, Mutton Chilli is sure to satisfy your taste buds. In this blog post, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of preparing this mouthwatering dish and bringing the flavours of Indo-Chinese cuisine to your kitchen.
- 500 grams mutton, boneless and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 capsicum (bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mutton pieces with the marinade ingredients. Mix well, ensuring the mutton is coated evenly. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok over medium heat. Add the marinated mutton pieces and cook until they are browned and cooked through. Remove the cooked mutton from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add sliced bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Return the cooked mutton to the pan and mix well with the onion and bell pepper mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Pour this sauce over the mutton and vegetables. Stir everything together to coat the mutton evenly.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld together. Adjust salt and spices according to your taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy the spicy and flavorful Mutton Chilli with steamed rice, fried rice, or noodles.
Mutton Chilli is a delightful dish that combines the succulence of mutton with the fiery flavours of Indo-Chinese cuisine. With its aromatic spices and vibrant colours, this recipe is sure to be a hit among meat lovers. Whether you’re preparing it for a special occasion or simply for a satisfying meal, Mutton Chilli will leave your taste buds craving for more. So, gather your ingredients, follow the steps, and savour the bold and spicy flavours of this delicious Indo-Chinese delicacy.